Breaking News: Dow loses more than 700 points!
Update: New tech innovations in 2024.
Sports: Olympics 2024: Superstar Hodgkinson in 800m heats as GB look to add to gold medal haul!
Weather: Sunny days ahead for the weekend.

Serena Deeb shares her experience of seeing Rhea Ripley backstage at AEW Double or Nothing.


Wrestling match in progress with WWE logo in the background
Image Courtesy: WWE


Serena Deeb appeared on the podcast, where she discussed her challenge for the Women's World Championship at the event. She revealed seeing former WWE Women’s World Champion Rhea Ripley backstage, who is married to AEW's Buddy Matthews.

Deeb reminisced about their close bond at the WWE Performance Center and became emotional, praising Ripley as the biggest women's star in pro wrestling.

 

"Definitely number one (who I want to wrestle) is Rhea Ripley. Yes, we would beat the hell out of each other. When we were at the Performance Center together, we formed a really cool bond. I felt really close to her. Of all the coaches, myself and Scotty 2 Hotty were kind of her people. I always had her back, always tried to pep her up and encourage her because I knew she was a star. Once she found that right thing, she was going to rise so fast, which she has.

I saw her at Double or Nothing and was completely shocked. We embraced each other and didn’t let go for 10 minutes. We stood there with our arms around each other. I cried multiple times, telling her how proud I was and that I knew she would persevere. I love watching her. I think she’s the biggest star in women’s wrestling, with incredible in-ring and character work. She’s number one in my book. When I saw her, I told her I wanted to wrestle her so bad. It would be a dream match for both of us."


In April, Ripley had to vacate the WWE Women's World Title due to a shoulder injury. The current champion is Liv Morgan, who is paired on-screen with Ripley's Judgment Day stablemate, Dominik Mysterio.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post
Update cookies preferences